Signs you’ve found the right borough for you
New York City has 5 boroughs and each one of them is different. If you are considering living in this big and amazing city, one of the first steps will be to choose a location where to move to. NYC is not small and it offers a lot of options when it comes to neighborhoods. How to choose the right borough for you and how to know that you have chosen the right place?
It’s alright being unsure
Even people who have moved before are having this doubt. Which place to pick, depends on different factors. If you will live alone in NYC or with your family and kids, are you studying, where is your job office, and other similar factors. To make the decision-making process easier, first, explore all 5 boroughs of NYC and make a list of places you would love to visit and explore more.
Something about every borough in New York City
First of all, you need to explore all 5 boroughs in New York City in order to find the right one for you. Don’t worry, it has something for everyone. Kids, young professionals, tourists, retirees, students, big families, or younger adults looking for fun. A big city that has it all and it never sleeps.
Manhattan is the famous NYC borough known for arts, culture, entertainment, dining, and nightlife. Finding an apartment in Manhattan may be hard and expensive, but everything is located here and that is why it is the best place for young professionals in New York. Commuting in Manhattan is easy because the public transportation is organized.
Brooklyn is the best place for singles and it has the most employment opportunities which is one of the main reasons to move to Brooklyn. A more affordable option from Manhattan, but still ear each other, Brooklyn is rising and developing fast. To move here with ease, turn to pros in the area because local movers have experience with moving here.
Because it has a lot of green spaces, it is one of the best boroughs for families. Also, it is the most ethnically diverse, so no matter where you are coming from, you will find your place in Queens.
If you want to buy and own a home, Staten Island is for you. It is safe, the costs of living are affordable (compared to other boroughs) and it is good for retires. If you want to live within a tight budget, consider this place.
The best place for renting a home – The Bronx. People here are friendly and welcoming. Pelham Bay Park is located here.
How to know you have found the right borough for you in NYC?
After researching all the places in NYC you will make a decision according to your priorities, lifestyle, and budget. But, how to be sure you have found the right borough for you in this big city?
Luckily, there are some ways to know. Finding the right location is one of the most important things when moving. Here are some tips to help you out.
- If you have the list of must-haves in a neighborhood, you can narrow down your search. Every person has different priorities. For some people, priorities are good schools nearby, for others, entertainment options, etc. If you have narrowed down the list, it is a good sign.
- When people love the neighborhood where they live, they tend to make it even better. Just pay attention to details, such as garbage, lawns, and maintaining the property and you will see if residents take pride in the neighborhood. If they do, good news for you.
- Another sign you have found the right borough for you is that you can do your daily routine with ease. Going to school, job, taking your kids to school, having all the amenities near, parks, going to the coffee shop, these are all pluses if you can just walk to these places.
- If you have kids or you are planning kids in the near future, can you raise your family there or not? A place should have plenty of family-friendly amenities, parks, a low crime rate, and highly rated schools. It is a place where your kids can play safely and grow. Explore residential neighborhoods in NYC because these places are good for families with kids.
- A good neighborhood is a neighborhood that is growing and developing. If the economy is booming and a lot of companies are moving there, for example, Brooklyn is growing very fast and a lot of people are moving here because it is one of the best places for young professionals. Some of the items that need to be checked are: are is accessible, it has top-notch natural amenities, new restaurants, cafes, shops, and investors are buying properties.
- Don’t forget about your internal feel and voice. If you feel at home and you feel that you are part of the community, then it is your home. How do you feel and are you getting along with neighbors?
How to move to NYC?
After choosing the right borough for you, it is time to organize your relocation there. How to move to a big city such as New York? Most people hire a professional moving company to make the relocation easier, faster, and safer. To organize a relocation like a pro, you should have the right information first and some of them can be found on benhur.com because these movers are reliable and experienced.
A couple of last notes
Whether you’re moving to Brooklyn, Queens, or the Bronx, start with packing because it takes most of the time when moving. In some cases, it may take a month or two, especially if you removing with a large family. Research movers from NYC and hire the best one for you. Check their license and insurance, don’t hire a company that is not verified. Also, read online moving reviews, get an in-home moving estimate from a couple of different movers and compare them. This way, you will pick the best company to help you out. Choose the right borough for you and move there smoothly.